We are all familiar with Facebook Sponsored ads and we love to see them once in a while in our Facebook timeline. If you run a business or want an ad for your company, here is how you can make the best use of your Facebook ad. You have to narrow down your target audiences if you want the maximum return on your advertisement investment.
- Age Group Targeting: Narrow down your audiences by selecting the only age groups that fits perfectly for your product and service. If the audience size is big, it is better to create different ad based upon the different age group size. The interest of 25 years to 34 years may not be same for 35 years to 44 years. This will allow you to create more personalized content for your target age group.
- Gender Targeting: If your product or service is mainly bought by anyone gender group, it is best to target that gender group only. For example, if you sell cosmetic items for ladies then it is suggested to create an ad and target only Female for this ad. This will help you get more response than targeting both Male and Female.
- Citywise Targeting: If you are only able to provide service or deliver your product to certain cities in Nepal you have to use the recent change on Facebook location targeting. You may now target your Facebook advertisement citywise. If you are a business in Kathmandu and can reach Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu, then it is advised to target only these cities. You will certainly get more value for your money.
- Interests and Behaviors: This field is not wisely used in Nepal, as there were very few audiences when we selected any interests or behaviors. Now, this is a very useful field in order to narrow down your audiences. For example, if you run fast food restaurant than it is very useful to target people who have interests on Fast Food like French fries, burgers, sandwiches, etc. If you run a Travel & Tour business then it is very important to target people who have behavior of traveling.
- Connections: You can use connections to target your ad to the people who have already liked your Facebook page to resell or cross sale some other products. You can bring in new customers by targeting friends of people who like your page who are most likely to like your page when they see his/her friend already liking your page. This gives you more clicks to your ad. Or the third connection that you can use is to provide your ad on the page of people excluding who have liked your page, i.e. completely new audiences.
These are the five ways how you can narrow down your audiences to get the best return out of your Facebook advertisement investment. Facebook uses algorithms to optimize your ads based upon page likes and impressions. So, we do not need to worry about our bids per ad anymore. You may leave it in automatic in order to save time and money.
Please share or like our Facebook page if you want to read helpful information like this one. If you have any questions, you may comment or email me at jacksonsubedi at gmail dot com.
Thanks for reading.
Jackson Subedi, CEO, Hipster Technologies Inc.